Looking for expert advice for your farm? Our team of professionals is available to assist you. Our services are available to anyone in Nova Scotia who is farming or thinking of starting a farm. Call us today or visit the department on the web.
Staff teams within each regional office provide dynamic and effective service delivery.
- Provide extension services aimed at supporting industry competitiveness;
- Promote the link between local agriculture and social well- being;
- Coordinate educational events for clients to explore opportunities in the industry;
- Offer a strengthened approach to service delivery across the value chain;
- Develop leadership capacity in youth and adults; and
- Work cooperatively with agricultural organizations, municipal governments, non-profit groups, and other government agencies to meet the Department’s mandate in the regions.
Team clusters are found in five regions across the province: Western, Valley, Central, Eastern, and Cape Breton. These teams are comprised of an Agricultural Resource Coordinator (field service), Agriculture Transition Officer (special projects), Agriculture Leadership Coordinator (youth and volunteer leadership development), Business Development Officer (agriculture opportunities), and administrative support staff.